Nevin R. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland’s practice is focused primarily on litigation with a particular emphasis on insurance disputes, construction defects and personal injury, both at the trial and appellate level. He has a broad range of trial experience, having obtained successful jury verdicts in cases ranging from motor-vehicle accidents to commercial disputes to insurance bad faith cases in both state and federal courts. He has argued before the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit and is admitted to the Bar of the United States Supreme Court. He is rated AV-Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell® and has been selected for listing by Super Lawyers® every year since 2011.
Mr. Kirkland completed his undergraduate education and obtained a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Central Oklahoma in 1999. He obtained a Juris Doctor degree from the Oklahoma City University School of Law in 2003 where he served a member and editor for the Oklahoma City University Law Review from 2001-2003. Prior to law school, he served eight years in the United States Marine Corps and Marine Corps Reserve.
Mr. Kirkland began his career at the Firm as an intern while he was still in law school and was fortunate to work directly for two of the Firm’s founding partners, David W. Edmonds and David H. Cole. Learning from their example, he gained invaluable experience and realized the importance of being dedicated to the best possible results for all clients – from early resolution of legal issues when possible to trying cases to jury verdict when necessary. He has spent his entire legal career with the Firm and is proud to carry on the legacy of the Edmonds Cole Law Firm.
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Supreme Court (and all other Oklahoma courts)
- Choctaw Nation Tribal Courts
- Juris Doctor, Oklahoma City University (2003)
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Central Oklahoma (1999)